My favorite part of today? Well I have been weighing myself at home but not wanting to get my hopes up incase my scale is just way off~ well...its not! I'm at 248!!! So that means 4 pounds gone. Wohoo! I know that weight can go up and down in the process and as the dietician I met with today said its going to take a lot of time to retrain my brain.
So the Bod Pod. I am 49.9% fat. 50.1% fat free mass. I'm half way healthy!! haha. or as Jilly says, "you're a little bit skinny"
My meeting with the dietician was really good. She asked me to make 3 goals. One food oriented, one physically oriented and one emotionally oriented.
Goal #1: Food oriented: Eat a Healthy Breakfast Every Morning. She gave me some great ideas and shared some healthy recipes too. I'll share some as I try them out.
Goal #2: Physically oriented: get in 15 minutes of exercise 5-7 days this week. I picked 15 minutes because I know that I can do anything for 15 minutes. So its a good place to start.
Goal #3: Emotionally oriented: When I can't sleep at night and my anxiety kicks in I am out of bed, the house is quiet, I'm alone and I need something to do to bring the anxiety down--well as in my last post you may have already guessed, I turn to snacks. I put on a movie or the tv and I munch. So this goal is to make a list of 5-10 things I can do INSTEAD of turning to the food. It isn't what I want anyway, and it will take a lot of practice and working on it to get me going on this, but I like the idea and I plan to work on this list and figure out some things to do. I paint some nights, and I used to crochet. So that is 2...just 3-8 more to go!
This is a tray I found. I taped pictures on the bottom of each segment. There is one for Proteins, dairy, fruits, vegetables, grains, water and exercise. We each have our own color of beads. I have the tan ones, Korey's are the black ones and Jilly has pink and purple. Today its obvious that we didn't get nearly enough fruits and vegetables. So its something we challenge each other to work on for tomorrow. Its a fun tracker. its not counting calories, its going back to the basics. Like the Dietician said in my class last Thursday, "It's not rocket science, Its food."
I have class again on Thursday, and next Tuesday I follow up with the dietician to see how my goals went. Its good to know I am going to have that accountability. I will weigh in on my visits, not because I am anal about the scale but because I think it is a good tool to help me gauge how I am doing.
So off I go to drink more water and head to bed early. I want to get up early enough that I can make breakfast. I got to today and I really enjoyed that extra time in the morning with Jilly so since I am feeling tired I'm headed off now before that gets away from me!

No comments:
Post a Comment