Here it is 2012...coming to a glorious end. Dismally this morning the weather did not look as though it was going to cooperate. Now the flurry of snow brings hope and that sense of Christmas!
Jilly is at the piano determined to prove that she will practice and get lessons back--(it had become a horrendous fight) I told her if she proves she wants it and practices every day for a month I will put her back in lessons. I said we can try again in a year or so. "I dont think so" she said and promptly sat at the piano. We will see.
I want to optimistically think she will just do it. Just as I want to believe I am going to eat on plan and get healthy--its not that I think she can't do it. Is it her priority? Is my health really mine? Its a question that eats at me. (pun intended) I want to go after life the way my puppy does. Unabashedly aggressively demanding attention, a head scratch a back rub--tells the world what he wants and goes for it.
No matter how many times I tell him no, he tries again. He will give it a minute or two and come back pawing at me strategically placing his head right under my hand and yes those brown eyes staring up at me.
I want to lovingly go after my health. No matter how many times I get turned away whether my hang ups or things i have to psychologically or physiologically work through. Just keep strategically putting myself in places for health to be unable to say "no" places like the gym, and the produce department :). For me its my million dollar smile. Take that health! How can you say no to my cute dimples. Determination...for today the piano keys clink, the puppy is getting a good head scratch and I am hopeful and optimistic...we are getting a white Christmas after all, I like the magic of possibilities in the air.

No comments:
Post a Comment